Thursday, July 7, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes

I just made these tonight with Steak Kabobs and I'm pretty sure its my favorite potato recipe ever!  Wow, wow, wow!    I got this recipe here and the only thing I added was the pepper and parsley.   Even my picky Mom raved about them.  Superb!
 Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Flour
3 3/4 Cup Milk ( I used skim)
4 to 5 large White Potatoes
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Parsley  

Sauce:
In a large saucepan melt butter.  Remove from heat and stir in Flour.  Return to heat and add Salt, Pepper, Parsley.  Add milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly.  Cook and stir til thick and bubbly.  Cook 2 minutes longer.  Remove from heat.  Cool 10 minutes.

Potatoes:
Peel potatoes and slice 1/8" thick.  Add to sauce mixture.  Stir and coat potatoes thoroughly.  Pour into greased casserol dish.  Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Remove lid and bake an additional 30 minutes.

(I halved the recipe and it served 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment