Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds

I'm seven months pregnant and I like snacks!   These are super-easy to make and yummy.  I also read that almonds are high in Folic Acid, good for pregnant woman, so I don't feel guilty having a little more than my share.   I found this recipe on Allrecipes and adjusted per the reviews.
 Ingredients:
1 Egg White
1 Tsp Vanilla
4 Cups Whole Almonds
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 250.  Lightly grease a large cookie sheet.  Lightly beat the egg white; add vanilla and beat until frothy but not stiff.   Add the nuts and stir until well coated.  Mix the Sugars, Cinnamon, Salt, and sprinkle over the nuts.  Toss the coat and spread evenly on the pan.

Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.  Allow to cool and store in airtight containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment