Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Crunchy Potato Casserole

I am so proud of this recipe because I made it up all by myself and it was fabulous.  In a daring move, I served it for the first time at a dinner party.   Luckily it was so good, everyone got seconds!!  My measurements may be a little off since I just threw stuff together.  It's pretty easy to eyeball it though.
Ingredients:
1/2 bag frozen hash browns (cubed kind)
1 Cream Soup Substitute
1 C cottage cheese
1/2 C mild cheddar cheese (on the maybe list, feel free to leave out)
2 C crushed Corn Flakes
Sprinkle Garlic Salt

Directions:
Make the cream soup substitute per directions.   Mix potatoes, cream soup, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese in a greased casserole dish.   Cover top with corn flakes and sprinkle with garlic salt.   Bake uncovered at 400 for about 35-40 minutes until Corn Flakes are golden.

Serves 6 large helpings

1 comment:

  1. Regarding cheese I read that white cheese is ok and parmesan (fresh) I'm sure they are other white cheese I don't know about, but I go to the deli and have mine sliced.

    ReplyDelete