Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Buttermilk Basil Salad Dressing

I used this to make IC Friendly Deviled eggs, but I'm sure would be just as delicious on a salad.   From the Confident Choices Cookbook
Ingredients:
2 C fresh basil, chopped finely (I used dried basil)
2 green onion
3/4 C buttermilk
3/4 C low-fat cottage cheese
1 t lemon zest
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Directions:
Combine fresh basil, green onions, buttermilk, and cottage cheese in blender.  Blend until smooth.  Add lemon zest, salt, and pepper and whisk together.

2 comments:

  1. I think there's a small typo in your recipe and that it should be 2 Tablespoons of Basil instead of 2 cups

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you tolerate lemon zest?
    I’ve been trying to find a ketchup recipe that does not have lemon or vinegar

    ReplyDelete