Sunday, September 4, 2011

Orange Beef Stir Fry

I was looking for a recipe to use some leftover beef cubes I had and found this in one of my IC Cookbooks, Confident Choices.   The hubs and I loved it.   It is in our top 5 of all home cooked meals of all time...even non-IC meals.   Yes, that good!!!
Ingredients:
1 lb boneless beef cubes
1 t olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cups carrots, julienned (I bought baby carrots and sliced them in half lengthwise)
1 1/2 cups Cream Soup Substitute
2 t molasses
1 t orange zest
1 t salt (I used a little under 1 t)
Dash pepper, if tolerated

Cooked White Rice

Ingredients I did not add:
1 medium onion (starting to think I can't handle these)
1/4 cup water (I like my sauces very creamy)

Directions:
 Heat oil over medium heat in skillet or wok.   Add the beef and garlic;  cook until the beef is starting to brown.  Toss in broccoli, carrots, and onion.  Cook for additional 5 minutes.

Add soup substitute, water, molasses, zest, salt, and pepper and heat to boiling.  Cover, reduce heat to low.  Cook additional 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.  Serve over rice.

Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tolerate onions but shallots aren't a problem for me at all. They're a great substitute for onions though more delicate in flavor.

    ReplyDelete