Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicken & Rice Casserole

I am so excited about this recipe for three reasons:   1) I made it up all by me-self, go me! 2) It is so easy to make and 3) It was stinkin' yummy!!    A new pantry staple, love those!!
Ingredients:
2 large cans Valley Fresh 100% Natural White Chicken in Water (could probably use one, but I like lots of chicken)
1 c cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth instead of water to add flavor)
2 c chicken broth
1 small can sweet peas
1 serving cream soup substitute
1 slice kraft american cheese, tore into pieces (could leave out)

Directions:
Cook the rice in the chicken broth.  While rice is cooking, make cream soup substitute.  When done combine rice, chicken, peas, soup,cheese, and mix well.  I sprinkled a little extra salt & Pepper on mixture as well.  Cook at 350 for approximately 35 minutes.

Made 3 servings

1 comment:

  1. I made this casserole using yellow rice and I substituted fine chopped broccoli florets for the green peas. It turned out really good. My family enjoyed it too. It turned out really delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. PS the Cream of Soup recipe is also delicious and easy to make as well.

    ReplyDelete