Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicken & Rice Casserole

I am so excited about this recipe for three reasons:   1) I made it up all by me-self, go me! 2) It is so easy to make and 3) It was stinkin' yummy!!    A new pantry staple, love those!!
Ingredients:
2 large cans Valley Fresh 100% Natural White Chicken in Water (could probably use one, but I like lots of chicken)
1 c cooked white rice (cooked in chicken broth instead of water to add flavor)
2 c chicken broth
1 small can sweet peas
1 serving cream soup substitute
1 slice kraft american cheese, tore into pieces (could leave out)

Directions:
Cook the rice in the chicken broth.  While rice is cooking, make cream soup substitute.  When done combine rice, chicken, peas, soup,cheese, and mix well.  I sprinkled a little extra salt & Pepper on mixture as well.  Cook at 350 for approximately 35 minutes.

Made 3 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment