Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta

There are plenty of bad things having IC has brought me, but one good thing I can say is it forces me to try new things and always cook fresh.  I spend more time in the produce section than I ever had before and I think that is a good thing.  I had never cooked snap peas, squash, or zucchini... and I love them! One example of fresh eating and my love of vegetables is this dish.   It's light and great for summer.   It's blander than what I normally cook, but the flavors are mostly the vegetables and they really sing.   The honey & brown sugar add a hint of sweetness that is just yummy.   I found this recipe online and have adjusted it to my taste.  If you want something heartier, it would probably be good with grilled chicken as well.
Ingredients:
4 servings Thin Spaghetti
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 small Yellow Onion, sliced into strips
1 Carrot, chopped
1 medium Zucchini, sliced
1 medium Squash, sliced
2 Cups Sugar Snap Peas
1 tsp chopped Basil Leaves
2-3 Tbsp organic Honey
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
Sprinkle Brown Sugar
2/3 Cup Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat Oil & Butter over medium heat.  Saute Garlic and Onion, then add Carrots, Onion, Zucchini, Squash, and Sugar Snap Peas, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese;  cook until hot.  Serve vegetable mixture over spaghetti.  Sprinkle with Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment