Tuesday, June 28, 2011

IC Friendly Chicken Nachos

Yes, we can still have nacho's!!!  This version I make is hearty and will fill your belly for sure!


Ingredients:
Cooked Chicken Diced (I sprinkle mine with onion powder and grill in Olive Oil)
Tortilla Chips
Black Beans, rinsed well (Omit if you can't handle these or are unsure and are being safe)
Green Onion, diced
Red Bell Pepper, diced
Mozzarella Cheese
Sprinkle Cumin (I think this is on the maybe list.  I can handle it in small amounts on a good bladder day)

Directions:
Spread Tortilla Chips on oven pan (put down foil first for easier clean up).  Layer each chip with all ingredients above (I'm very generous with the cheese) and sprinkle very lightly with Cumin.   Make as many layers as you wish.   Bake at 400 about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to golden.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to try this! I was just diagnosed, and it's kind of scary not to be able to eat anything I love, but all these recipes look so delicious! They give me hope. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been formally diagnosed yet, but everything i read points to this. Cannot wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are almost too
    Pretty to eat. I made this for dinner and it was a big hit. My husband also loves them for his football snacks on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are almost too
    Pretty to eat. I made this for dinner and it was a big hit. My husband also loves them for his football snacks on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete