Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pesto Herb Spread/Dip

I found this delicious dip recipe on allrecipies.com but adjusted it a tad based on the reviews and what I usually keep in my refrigerator.  I've made it for family and it was a huge hit!   It's great with Club Crackers, Triscuits, Pita Chips, or with Vegetables for a healthier option.   Would probably be yummy as a spread on sandwiches or roll-ups as well. 
Ingredients:
1, 8-ounce package cream cheese (brick not tub)
2 overflowing Tablespoons IC Friendly Pesto
1 Tablespoon chopped Chives (green onion)
1 Tablespoon milk (to make a bit creamier)

Directions:
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.   Top with a few extra chives for a fancier look.  Can add crunch by coating the finished spread with almonds (I haven't tried this yet).   Keep refrigerated.

1 comment: