Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chicken and White Bean Soup

I joined a boot camp for weight loss and found this healthy recipe through my personal trainer.  I had never cooked with leeks before and found out I really like them!!  They're also very IC friendly...a milder version of onion.   I plan to experiment with them more.
Ingredients:
2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
1/2 tsp dried sage
3 14-ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
3 boneless chicken breast, baked and shredded

Directions:
Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.  Add leeks and cook stirring until soft, about 3 minutes.  Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds.  Stir in broth, increase heat to high, cover and bring to boil.  Add beans and chicken and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.  serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment