Monday, January 2, 2012

Zucchini Cakes

One of my new hobbies is looking up recipes on Pinterest.   There's quite a bit of IC friendly recipe ideas out there... or ones that with only a couple modifications could become IC friendly.   This was my first recipe I found on there and it turned out so good.  It's meant to be an appetizer, but I made it as a side dish to chicken.   It got two thumbs up from the hubs.

Ingredients:
-1 large zucchni grated, excess water removed (Note: To do this, after you grate the zucchini, put the grated zucchini into paper towels and squeeze to release the water
-1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-1 cup Panko bread crumbs (I found these next to the Asian food in my Supermarket)
-sprinkle of ground nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon (Note: If you add too much it can quickly take over the taste, less is more)
-1/4 teaspoon paprika (This is a no-no, but I seem to be able to handle a bit of no-no foods lately.   Feel free to omit)
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 egg
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil


 Directions :
Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a heaping tablespoon form the mixture into 8 patties.  Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side. Serve.

Makes 8 cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment