Monday, January 2, 2012

Harvest Ham Supper

For Christmas I got some Crock Pot Recipe cookbooks.   I found this gem in there and tried it tonight.  Only 4 ingredients... my kind of cooking!! It was really good and really filling.  Watch your portion size if you're watching your waistline.   I think this would make a great Christmas dish as well!!!

Ingredients:
6 carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
3 sweet potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
1 1/2 pounds boneless ham steak (watch out for Nitrates,  you may need to buy this at your health food store to avoid)
1 Cup maple syrup

Directions:
:Place carrots and potatoes in bottom of slow cooker to form a rack.  Place ham on top of vegetables.  Pour syrup over ham and vegetables.  Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.

Makes 6 servings (or 4 large)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome but I am actually afraid to try it. The last time I had a piece of ham I was in so much pain I ended up in the hospital ER. It could be that it was the nitrates, not sure.

    ReplyDelete