Monday, January 2, 2012

Pear Dressing

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!   It's the first of the year and one of the most popular resolutions out there is to lose weight.   My New Years Resolution is no exception.   I've got about half my baby weight still left to lose.   Having IC sure can make for tricky dieting.   I used to think I couldn't eat salads until I found some fun salad dressings to spruce 'em up.  This one is my favorite on a spring salad with feta cheese.  It's light and sweet... yummmm!!!  Found it in the Confident Choices Cookbook. 
 Ingredients:
1/3 C olive oil
3 Tbsp pear juice (I use the juice from canned pears since I can't find any friendly pear juice)
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Add all ingredients and whisk.    

P.S. I triple the recipe to keep around for a while.  Just make sure you shake before using again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment