Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Creamy Mushroom Chicken

I stepped out of my cooking comfort zone again and am rather proud of myself.   I'm normally shy about mushrooms... something about their texture makes me shiver.  But again, with so many limitations decided to give this dish a try...and I'm glad I did.  It was good!  I chopped the mushrooms up really fine so their texture wouldn't be an issue.  From there it was all mind over matter.   Turns out mushrooms add a very unique & yummy taste!!  Although, it doesn't photograph well... sorry.
Ingredients:
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 package chopped mushrooms
1/2 White Onion, diced
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 Clove Garlic
1 Cup Chicken Stock
2 1/2 Tbsp Flour
1/2 Cup Milk
Salt to taste

Directions:
Coat the chicken in 1 Tbsp Flour.  Sear the chicken in large sauce pan.  Add in the Onions, Mushrooms, Garlic, let fry for a few minutes until onions are soft.   Add in one cup Chicken Stock, Basil, and Thyme.   Let it all cook for about 10 minutes on low/med heat.  Remove chicken to a plate.  Add remaining Flour 1 1/2 Tbsp and whisk (like you would for gravy).   Add in the milk and whisk until smooth.  Put chicken back in and heat through.

Serves 2

1 comment:

  1. Your recipe for Creamy Mushroom Chicken sounds delicious. But I noticed that mushrooms are missing from your list of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete