Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stuffed Chicken with Herbs

I finally did it, I cooked an entire chicken whole!   It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but was too chicken to do it.  Ignore the vegetables underneath the rack pictured, that attempt failed.  I would recommend roasting vegetables in a separate pan for a shorter amount of time or they become a mushy mess.
Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (mine was 5.33 pounds)
Salt
Pepper
Allspice
Melted Butter
Olive Oil
Stuffing

Directions:
Make sure you take the packet of gizzards and stuff out of the chicken.  Replace with Stuffing. Baste with Olive Oil and then rub Salt, Pepper, and Allspice on the chicken.  As much or little as you like.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes per pound.  I baked mine for 2 hours.... or until the internal temp is 165 F. 

No comments:

Post a Comment