Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No Tomato Salsa

I've been on a Mexican kick lately and this idea just popped in my head.   I tried it out and it was so good!! The hubs is still raving about it.   In his words, it has an "after kick".

Ingredients:
1 Red Pepper
1/2 can Sweet Corn
1/2 packed cup Cilantro
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic
1/3 small Onion
Tortilla chips

Directions:
Saute garlic in Olive Oil for just a few minutes over medium heat.   Add all ingredients and then puree to desired consistency.   Serve with Tortilla Chips.

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! I TWEAKED IT A BIT THOUGH....I ADD CORRIANDER INSTEAD OF CILANTRO AND ADD A LITTLE BIT OF BLACK BEANS TO GIVE IT MORE TEXTURE...I MAKE IT ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND...MY NINJA BLENDER IS GETTING QUITE THE WORKOUT LOL....THANKS FOR POSTING THIS PAGE IT HAS BEEN A LIFE SAVER(BLADDER SAVER)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coriander is cilantro, just so you know :-)

      Delete