Monday, March 26, 2012

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Don't you just love when you find a new recipe that you simply adore and it was incredibly easy to make??  I do!!   My friends and family better get used to this cake because I think I will be bringing it to all future barbeques, holidays, and potlucks!  I may try preparing it in a bundt pan next time though... to give it some extra visual appeal.   I found this one on Pinterest.  It was noted on there that it was from: "Southern Living Magazine December 2006 Issue, pages 138-139, From With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart Blog."  I thank them ALL for getting the recipe into my hands!!





Ingredients
1 ½ cups butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (FYI: I forgot this part, still turned out fab!)

Directions
Preheat oven to 300°F.

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.

Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.  Stir in vanilla.  Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.

Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cook completely on wire rack.


Makes 12 servings
Snowy White Glaze
1 10-oz pkg. powdered sugar
5 Tbs. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Stir together to make a thick glaze that won't drip all the way down the sides of the cake.  Stir in an additional Tbs. or two of milk if you'd like a thinner glaze.
NOTE:  This makes much more frosting than I used on my cake.  You could half the recipe, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Made this for the first time last night. It was very easy to put together and it smell so good while it was baking. It was a little sweet though. I definitely will make it again, but maybe will put some fresh whipped cream and blueberries on top. Would be better with raspberries but can't have those. :(

    Thanks again for all of these wonderful recipes. I am not creative enough to adjust recipes myself and this has helped stock up my monthly meal calendar with lots of IC friendly recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete