Monday, March 26, 2012

Roasted Veggies

The first time I tried this recipe, I roasted the veggies for too long for my taste.  I'm told roasted vegetables are suppose to be soft and creamy, but to me they were just plain soggy.   This time, I cut the cooking time in half and viola.... perfectly crisp, hot and delicious veggies!   Pair this with some grilled chicken and you got a recipe for a low-calorie dinner that's big on taste!!  Even the hubs who was shy about the eggplant gave it two thumbs up!  Thought about puree'ing the leftovers to make a vegetable pasta sauce, but never got around to trying it before it went bad.   A cooking adventure for another day I suppose....

Ingredients:
1 Zucchini
1 Eggplant
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 small Yellow Onion
1 Tbsp dried Rosemary
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Drizzle Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Cut all vegetables up into desired shapes.   Toss with spices and Oil, making sure the oil is coated well.   Spread out onto a baking pan (I put foil down first for easier cleanup) and bake about 30-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment