Sunday, June 10, 2012

Potato Soup

I have Stu's Grandmother's recipe for potato soup that I adore and every time I try a friendly potato soup, I find myself wishing I could still have this one.  So I got the recipe out the other day and realized the only non-friendly ingredients were 2 can's of soup... then thought, "wait a minute, I have a "soup substitute"!!!.  So I set out on a mission to make my altered version of Mamaw's soup.  Now it's been a while since I've had the original, but from what I can remember, it is just as good!! Delicious!!! I love my soups hearty and this fit the bill.  I am so excited to add potato soup back into dinner rotation!!!
Ingredients:
1 32 oz bag southern style frozen hash browns
3 Cups chicken broth
1/3 chopped medium onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped Carrots
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1 to 2  cream soup substitutes  (2 for soupier)
Any friendly cheese for garnish (if desired)


Directions:
In a large pot combine all ingredients.  Bring to a simmer and then cook about 30-45 minutes, until vegetables are tender.    Garnish with friendly cheese if desired.  I also eat mine with crackers, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment