Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chicken and Rice

This was one of the first recipes I found and liked after being diagnosed with IC, but when I was pregnant I could not stomach it so I completely forgot about it until last week! Thankfully my palate loves it again!!!  Also, when I was working (outside the home),  I used to make double and triple batches of this and bring it to work for lunch.  Found through the wonderful IC Network here.
Ingredients:
2 small boneless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (I bake with salt & pepper)
1 box chicken Rice a Roni

 Directions:
Cook rice according to box directions except only use 1/2 of the flavor packet to reduce the sodium (I find, I don't even notice a difference).  Add the cooked chicken at the end.   Serve!

1 comment:

  1. With a little sour cream added at the end...it is yummy! Sometimes I add toasted almond slices too.

    ReplyDelete