Thursday, June 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

I almost thought about calling these 100 Peanut butter cookies because this is my 100th recipe!  A goal I had for 2012 and I'm meeting it in June.  Exciting.  Ok... on with the cookies.   So I don't know what other PB Cookie recipes are like.... this is the only one I have tried, but hello... can we say easy??!!!   They only have 3 ingredients.   Ok... 3 and a half.   But still... what a cinch!! It's a Paula Dean recipe. 
Ingredients:
2 Cups Peanut Butter (crunchy or creamy)
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a large baking sheet. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon.  Roll the  dough into balls the size balls about the size of a tablespoon (too big and they don't look as pretty).  Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.  With a fork,  dipped in sugar to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie.  Bake for 9-10 minutes (recipe said 12 min, but mine cooked quicker and the ones I cooked a little longer were too crunchy for my taste)  Cool slightly before removing from pan.

Yields a little over 4 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. I think you forgot to add the sugar that goes in the cookies...not just on top with the fork. I made these and later realized the sugar was missing! I’m excited to try more of your recipes though as I am likely heading towards an ic diagnosis and was having trouble finding recipes online.

    ReplyDelete