Saturday, May 19, 2012

White Chocolate Brownies

Yes, I said brownies!! Who knew you could make white chocolate brownies??!!   Well I didn't until I was browsing Pinterest the other day.  Then I became obsessed and started googling all different kinds of white chocolate brownie recipies.   I couldn't decide which to make so I had a brownie bake-off.  These were first.   I must say, I liked these the best... but they look nothing like the picture that came with the recipe (isn't that always the case!) and quite frankly... look down right ugly.   But my belly sure isn't complaining.  YUMMEEEE!
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup butter, chopped
1.5 Cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten,
1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a medium size microwave safe bowl heat the chopped butter on high for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat for another 30 seconds, the butter should be melted. Add the white chocolate and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir until blended. You may need a further 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly so that you do not cook the eggs when you add them.
3. Add the brown sugar and the beaten eggs. Stir through.
4. Add the sifted flour and stir through until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into a greased (or foiled & greased) 8x8 brownie pan.
6. Evenly spread the last 2 Cups of White Chocolate Chips on top of the brownies. Don’t be suprised by how many there are I have been very generous but then again I really love rich chocolate brownies. The reason I do not mix the chocolate chips into the batter is that this way you can instantly see what type of brownie you are eating increasing their WOW! factor.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a cake rack to cool completely.
 9. Store in an airtight container for one week. The white chocolate brownies can be frozen for up to two months.

Makes 24 brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment