Sunday, May 27, 2012

Salted Nut Squares

I've always been confused about whether or not Peanut Butter is a safe food.  The original Food list I went off said it was a no-no, but then I read something that it was recently changed to be on the safe list.   For a long time I was too scared to even try.  Then things got under control for me and I felt comfortable enough to try and viola.... no pain!!!   And thank goodness because these little treats are straight from Heaven!!  Sweet and salty deliciousness!  They are a bit messy to cut up, but well worth it in the end! I find it's best to keep them lightly frozen to keep the mess under control.  Found on Pinterest!
Ingredients:
3 Cups Salted Peanuts
2 & 1/2 Tbsp Butter
2 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
1, 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
Kosher or Sea Salt

Directions:
Place 1 1/2 Cups Peanuts in the bottom of an ungreased 11x7 pan (I line mine with foil for easier cleanup).  Melt Butter and Peanut Butter Chips in a large Saucepan over low heat.  Stir until smooth.  Remove from heat.   Stir in condensed milk and marshmallows.  Continue stirring until well blended (I did not melt my Marshmallows).  Pour peanut butter mixture over peanuts in pan.  Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 Cups Peanuts over top of peanut butter mixture (press lightly into mixture).  If saltier bars are desired, sprinkle lightly with salt.  Cover and refrigerate until chilled.  Then, cut into bars.  Bars can be served chilled or at room temperature.  

Makes about 30 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment