Monday, May 28, 2012

Blueberry & Pear Cobbler

This All-American dessert is so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser.  From the Confident Choices Cookbook (adjust slightly... extra sugar!)
Ingredients:
1lb canned blueberries, drain and reserve half syrup
1lb canned pears, drained
1 1/2 Cups self-rising flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1/3 Cup milk

Directions:
Place pears in a deep pie dish; add the blueberries, syrup, and 1/4 Cup sugar.  Mix well.  Mix flour, 1/4 C sugar and egg.  Rub in margarine and add enough milk to make a soft dough.  Spoon dough over fruit and sprinkle with extra sugar.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.  Serve hot with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to try this! I've recently started replacing apples with pears in recipes, but this looks delicious!!
    Tresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki this is a great dessert! I wasn't sure at first about the textures of the pears with the blueberries, but it was yummy and comforting. I baked one for my families Easter dinner and it was enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to say thank you for all your recipes. Theyr'e truly an inspiration. I'm not sure how I would have survived without them these last few months. Life's been very hectic (at times difficult) since being diagnosed with IC. It's been a daunting task learning to to re-make my diet to heal my body, while working full time and taking care of my family. Again thank you for all you do. All of your work has been a true lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete