Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Butter Cream Chicken

I hadn't tried a new main dish recipe in so long it feels like.  And this was a hit to motivate me to keep trying new stuff!!   YUMMY!!!  It tasted like chicken fried chicken... but a tad healthier.  :)  A definite keeper!!!!  I found this here , modified slightly.
Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
2 Egg
Olive Oil
1 Cup Chicken Broth
4 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup plus 2 Tbsp Half & Half
1 tsp Thyme
2 Tsp Cornstarch
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Whisk egg in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, add bread crumbs.   Dip Chicken in Egg, then Breadcrumbs and fry in a few tablespoons of oil.  Cook chicken until golden brown.   Remove and set aside.   Using the same pan, add butter and chicken broth.  Whisk the mixture around and scrap up all the brown bits leftover from the chicken.  Add the half & half, thyme.  Whisk around and allow it to come to a boil.  Into a small bowl, add 2 Tbsp half and half and the Cornstarch.  Stir around until smooth.  Pour Cornstarch Mixture in the pan and allow it to continue to boil until desired thickness.  Add a bit of salt and pepper and pour over chicken to serve.  



5 comments:

  1. What Kind of broth do you use??? I am always afraid to use store bought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Swanson 100% Natural 100% fat free No MSG added with 50% less sodium. I have never had any problems with it and can get it at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much!! I am totally blowing up your page with all my comments today but I am supper excited and want to try it alll LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your recipes! You've been such a lifesaver

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your recipes! You've been such a lifesaver

    ReplyDelete