Thursday, March 20, 2014

Creamy Dijon Pork

Warning!  Not everything in this recipe is IC friendly.  I allow myself cheat days occasionally and know my limits.  I can handle and LOVE dijon mustard every once in a while.   I was tired of my same old pork recipes so I googled white sauce pork recipes and found this one at SimplyRecipes.com.  WOW WOW WOW!!!!  Maybe it's my love for Dijon Mustard, but this was so delicious!!!  I think it'd still be good cooked friendly (sans Dijon Mustard) if I was being more careful.  
Ingredients:
2 Boneless Pork Chops
1/4 Cup Green onion... white & green parts
1-2 Cups Chicken Stock
3/4 Cup Half & Half
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Parsley
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (Unfriendly: omit if it bothers you)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Cornstarch
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Sprinkle Chops with Salt and Pepper.  Heat them in Olive Oil in pan over medium high heat.  Pan sear them till brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side).  Add Green onion and saute along side about a minute or two until soft.   Add Chicken Stock and bring to a simmer.   Cook until Chops are cooked through (about 10 minutes) flipping occasionally.    Remove Chops and cover in foil to keep warm.  Add the half and half & butter and simmer for 3 minutes to reduce.   Add the cornstarch if you want thicker.  Add Dijon Mustard and Parsley, mix well.   Pour over Chops and enjoy!

Serves 2.

1 comment:

  1. Cook this for dinner this past week and was very pleased. It's very tasty; a good go to comfort food dish. Thanks for sharing Niki!

    ReplyDelete